Call Out: Artist or Designer Wanted!
Create Arts & Kindness Themed Arts Award ‘Logbooks’ with a Ramsgate Youth Club
People United is looking for a talented artist or designer to work with a youth group called ‘Chill Club’ in Newington, Ramsgate to co-create arts and kindness themed ‘logbooks’ for Arts Award Discover and Explore. We are looking for someone who has experience of working collaboratively with young people and shares the values and ethos of People United. Knowledge of Arts Award is desirable but not essential.
People United is looking for an artist or designer who will be able to:
- Work with People United and Chill Club members (aged 10-18) to create two arts and kindness themed ‘logbooks’, one for Arts Award Discover and one for Arts Award Explore. The format of the ‘logbooks’ can be decided by the artist with People United and Chill Club members e.g. posters, booklets, flyers etc.
- Work collaboratively with People United to lead activities which encourage Chill Club members to; get to know the artist, share ideas, images, drawings and content which might inform the artist’s design of the new ‘logbook’ resources.
- Visit the Chill Club (Mondays, 6-8pm) a minimum of three times between the end of October- beginning of December 2018.
- Design two ‘logbook’ resources that are suitable for home printing as well as professional printing. People United will share the ‘logbooks’ as a free online download and will later print them professionally for use during future community projects, artist commissions and school’s programmes.
- Deliver digital files for two ‘logbook’ resources by the latest of Monday 14 January 2019.
To include artist fees and travel for a minimum of three x 2 hour sessions at Chill Club and all time needed to create the digital and print files for two resources. There is a small separate budget available for materials.
Please download the full brief and expression of interest form for more information about this project and how to apply here: Arts & Kindness Arts Award Project Brief
The deadline for applications is midnight, Sunday 14 October 2018.