Saturday 1st August, 2pm – 3pm
Discover performances inspired by courage in hidden and surprising places around Ashford Town Centre
People United and Jasmin Vardimon Company have commissioned artist and director R.M. Sanchez-Camus and musician and composer / songwriter Isa Suarez to explore courage with local people from Ashford.
Working with local residents and performers, artist/ director R. M. Sánchez-Camus and composer/ songwriter Isa Suarez have devised a bespoke multi-location performance for Ashford that combines live music, puppetry, skate-boarding, circus, street theatre, installation and song.
You are invited to take a walk around Ashford Town Centre and discover the work in hidden places.
Audience members are invited to the bandstand (Upper High Street) from 1.30pm to collect a special map for the performance which happens between 2pm – 3pm. The audience will discover performances inspired by courage in hidden spaces all around the town centre.
The commission has particularly focused on working with local groups and performers and celebrates home grown talent. Along with live music, puppetry and street theatre members of the public arriving at the different performance sites will come across:
- Singers from the Revelation St Mary’s choir singing a newly composed piece of work by Isa
- Singers from St Mary’s Church choir, Ashford, joined by fellow singers from churches in the Ashford area with Roger Marvin: St Mary’s Director of Music
- Skate boarders from Sk8side Youth Centre will be doing tricks on to boards, the young people have written about obstacles they overcome
- Aerialists from The Pole Angels
- Young performers and songwriters from Ashford
Commissioned by People United and Jasmin Vardimon Company.