Who we are
Our website address is: https://peopleunited.org.uk/
Our registered address is: People United of Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7FG.
Phone Number: 01227 811800
E-mail: [email protected]
We are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under charity number 1126729 and we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration reference ZA220497.
Privacy notice complete: June 2021
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.peopleunited.org.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Be informed about automated decision-making and profiling.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your personal information.
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to: Business and Development Manager, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7FG stating your full name and your address.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If you want to exercise one of those rights, please either:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01227 811800
Write to: Business and Development Manager, People United, Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury CT2 7FG
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner companies, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If People United or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of People United or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.]